Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 02:51:04 +0200
From: "VIKINGMAN" <saabnopsamlixnet._nospam_dk>
Subject: Re: Fuel pump - disturbing discovery....what now?


"Jason Stefanovich" <stefanjnopsamnet> skrev i en meddelelse news:3B9A95AF.B49E03C8nopsamnet... > http://home1.gte.net/stefanj/pump1.jpg > http://home1.gte.net/stefanj/pump2.jpg > http://home1.gte.net/stefanj/pump3.jpg > > The pump had not just up and died. It had actually shorted out inside > the gas tank, melting through part of the upper receiver and burning > completely through the > wire's insullation. I can only say I'm very thankful that a spark or > heat from this didn't ignite the fumes in the gas tank. Especially > because when I was testing to see Hi Jason. You don't really need to worry about fire/explosion. To start a fire you'll need all of these three things: 1. Something flamable - Is present = Gasoline. 2. Heat - Is present = short. 3. Oxygen - Is missing. The fumes in the tank is so thick, it doesn't leave room for oxygen. It simply cannot ignite. I know about this, as I am a semi-driver for an oil-corporation. Sometimes if we have a bas "earthing" in one of the tanks, the gas will actually boil inside the tank, filling it. As there isn't any oxygen, it isn't a problem. Cheers! P.S. I'm also certain, that if these inside pumps were hazardous, they wouldn't be allowed to use....!

Return to Main Index

The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2018 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
For usage guidelines, see the Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page.
[Contact | Site Map | Saabnet.com on Facebook | Saabnet.com on Twitter | Shop Amazon via TSN | Site Donations]