Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:19:30 +0100 From: "Griffin" <fasttextnopsamail.com> Subject: 9000 CD Boot Light Not Working?
Have just become the proud owner of a 97 9000 CD Griffin. Apart from a couple small niggles the car is in great shape. I would like to issue a word of warning with regards to the boot light. It appears that the previous owner must have switched too on all the time. As when I went to investigate why it was not working, at first I thought it was caused by water damage as one of the mounting screws had rusted along with some parts of the tools in the toolkit. After removing the fitting I found the cause of the problem was overheating, one of the terminals and cable connector had completly corroded though. The rust on the tool kit must has been caused by the fumes given off by the plastic melting.