My wife brought our 2004 ARC wagon in for the 15k service on Friday. Suntrup Saab in St. Louis wanted $25 just to rotate the tires. I figured that I could do it myself over the weekend. Low and behold, the rear wheels are frozen to the hubs! Even if they don't rotate the tires, shouldn't they inspect the wheels and hubs to make sure there is adequate grease between the wheel and hub? What if I was on a road trip and had a flat tire and then could not change it? This is a known problem from previous years. I am considering a call to NHTSA, but first I'm going to let Suntrup fix their mistake.
posted by 71.10.173...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Rear wheels stuck on 2004 After 15k Service!, carlos.negros, Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:04:14
- Re: Rear wheels stuck on 2004 After 15k Service!, carlos.negros, Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:36:32
- Re: Rear wheels stuck on 2004 After 15k Service!, John M, Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:24:21
- Regular Tire rotation should be done at 5K mi..., Johnson, Mon, 23 Apr 2007 01:20:40
- What's the NHTSA going to do?, turrbo , Sun, 22 Apr 2007 20:34:04
- Re: Rear wheels stuck on 2004 After 15k Service!, LesH , Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:56:12
- Re: Rear wheels stuck on 2004 After 15k Service!, dmz789abc, Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:26:57
- Re: Rear wheels stuck on 2004 After 15k Service!, B. Millar, Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:26:48
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!