It makes sense for the seats to work with the door open and no key in the ignition. Here's the scenario - you're 6 foot plus and 200 pounds, and the previous driver was 5 foot even and 95 pounds. The seat is tucked right up by the steering wheel; you'll never be able to even reach the key. If you have memory seats, that should work with the door open.
Door closed, you want the key so that if something falls on the buttons, you don't burn out the motors.
I believe it also worked that way on your '93. There is a separate door switch and relay for that function. It's possible that the switch and/or relay wasn't working on the '93.
posted by 76.227.247...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Power seats function without ignition key?, GaryJ , Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:41:46
- Re: Power seats function without ignition key?, Ari, Fri, 12 Sep 2008 20:58:39
- From my 2001 owners manual...., TG, Fri, 12 Sep 2008 04:36:51
- Saab design, boramiNYC, Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:04:08
- yes and no, steve, Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:52:43
- Re: Power seats function without ignition key?, Colin, Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:11:14
- Yup!, David Ingram, Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:08:19
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!