NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
|95 Bulletin Board|
Has nothing to do with boost or flow. Under load the turbo can get up to 1600 degrees. this put a bit of a load on the oil that lubricates that bearing. What you are trying to do is not have that oil burn and put deposits on the turbo shaft. When that happens the shaft gets "coked" up with burnt oil and eventually the seals will fail from this debris.
Most critical is after shutdown when the shaft sits there and heat soaks. The water cooling helps because the thermo-syphon effect will keep cooling the bearing even though there is no water pump running.
The higher heat resistance to burning of synthetic is a good thing to have on your side in a turbo.
You can put conventional oils in your car.......my Saab will have synthetic thank you.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- v-6 owners! synth or dino and what interval?-curiosity, bkrell2, Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:31:54
- Use what Saab recommends, synthetic, David Ingram, Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:08:31
- Why just 3k, Technical Ecstasy, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 05:59:50
- Oil 101, David Ingram, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 06:35:55
- Oil base, Technical Ecstasy, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:22:35
- That's not correct., David Ingram, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:55:36
- More good info, Technical Ecstasy, Tue, 20 Jan 2009 06:06:54
- BTW,, Technical Ecstasy, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:30:08
- Base Stock, Technical Ecstasy, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:15:42
- Re: v-6 owners! synth or dino and what interval?-curiosity, joewayrn , Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:55:06
- Re: v-6 owners! synth or dino and what interval?-curiosity, Henry, Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:22:12
- Mobil 1 FULL Synthetic every 5k miles!!!, B Millar , Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:47:30
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.