The recommended oil by the OEM pays to be recommended,not because it was deemed to be the best of the best by the OEM.
No they aren't 100% equal but like in all things you must look at the application of the product.In most cases there isn't a benefit other than a placebo effect.Think about it
Why use a Grp III+ or a PAO based product when a Group II product will suffice for cheaper?
Synthetic oils do have their place but it's in extreme cases like startup in Artic conditions(-40f)with no block heater.That doesn't apply to most of us here.
posted by 71.252.127...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- v-6 owners! synth or dino and what interval?-curiosity, bkrell2, Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:31:54
- Use what Saab recommends, synthetic, David Ingram, Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:08:31
- Why just 3k, Technical Ecstasy, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 05:59:50
- Oil 101, David Ingram, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 06:35:55
- Oil base, Technical Ecstasy, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:22:35
- That's not correct., David Ingram, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:55:36
- More good info, Technical Ecstasy, Tue, 20 Jan 2009 06:06:54
- BTW,, Technical Ecstasy, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:30:08
- Base Stock, Technical Ecstasy, Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:15:42
- Re: v-6 owners! synth or dino and what interval?-curiosity, joewayrn , Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:55:06
- Re: v-6 owners! synth or dino and what interval?-curiosity, Henry, Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:22:12
- Mobil 1 FULL Synthetic every 5k miles!!!, B Millar , Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:47:30
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!