Been out-of-town so internet access limited. If you can do the combustion gas test with the engine hot, maybe that will help? Of course if you open the cap "hot", you'll likely get scalded! Maybe leave the cap loose and let it get hot. I had an engine years ago with a bad head gasket and it would push the coolant out of the fill hole in the radiator. I also could see bubbles. I'm trying to think of something else that could cause so much pressure in the cooling system. And you are running anti-freeze and water mix? I wish someone else would chime in on this one. Thermostat? Thinking.
posted by 75.121.23...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Exteme Pressure in cooling system 2000 95 V-6, kevin, Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:34:05
- Re: Exteme Pressure in cooling system 2000 95 V-6, owen, Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:09:35
- Re: Exteme Pressure head gasket, jefo2, Sun, 26 Dec 2010 21:19:44
- Re: Exteme Pressure in cooling system 2000 95 V-6, ScottA, Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:39:22
- If there is no evidence of oil in the coolant, then...., MI-Roger , Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:45:45
- are the cooling fans working? n/m, jimmy, Sat, 18 Dec 2010 09:16:26
- Highly unlikely., John Myers , Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:54:03
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!