Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
and have very long lifetime and generate zero dust. Pre-2006 pads are semi-metallic ATE - very dusty and wear out themselves and rotor quickly.
The consensus on this board is not to use pre-2006 OEM pads anymore (yes, 2006+ pads fits pre-2006 9-5s nicely).
Also note that OEM Saabs Akebonos seems to be of better quality than the aftermarket Akebonos - both in the initial look and the wear profile.
posted by 209.6.1...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Difference in brake pads...performance?, bender , Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:05:37
- Re: Difference in brake pads...performance?, MarcF, Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:16:46
- Re: Difference in brake pads...performance?, andym, Sun, 12 Jun 2011 15:56:28
- Re: Difference in brake pads...performance?, JeffSm, Fri, 10 Jun 2011 22:46:01
- 2006+ pads are ceramic Akebono ..., dmz789qqq, Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:28:16
- I am curious as well.., Raction95Aero , Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:33:02
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!