NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
No, I stayed with the original long belt using the OEM Hutchinson and OEM top Idler pulley. Boy, was that a fun (NOT) job!!
This rattle, like the way B Millar describes it has been ongoing for some time -- not that it would make much difference, I don't recall if it was making this rattle noise before or after I did the 60K service. My first inclination is to replace the tensioner pulley. My belt tracks perfectly -- a good thing. But, given the mileage/age on my car, would it be prudent (money wise) to replace the tensioner too. That's why I inquired about the average life expectancy of the tensioner. Seems like -- based on this board that the pulley generally goes sour before the tensioner. Then I still can't forget about that awful center pulley. Arrrgggg :-)
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Belt Tensioner/Pulley Advise, 2Saabs4Me , Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:11:27
- Re: Belt Tensioner/Pulley Advise, Mark in Marine (MN), Tue, 8 Nov 2011 19:01:55
- Re: Belt Tensioner/Pulley Advise, RMinNJ, Tue, 8 Nov 2011 08:05:50
- My '04 Aero made a nasty rattle..., B Millar , Mon, 7 Nov 2011 13:11:53
- Re: Belt Tensioner/Pulley Advise, Dano in Texas , Mon, 7 Nov 2011 12:03:38
- Re: Belt Tensioner/Pulley Advise, Boomer, Mon, 7 Nov 2011 11:08:46
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.