I was told that it would be best to find a Reman engine for my SAAB 9-5 versus changing the head gasket and the least but probably having cracked heads. I just put a new radiator in it along with Reman water pump and alternator and new tires. Wondered since it's a 2002 yr. model with 163K miles if I should just get rid of it, park it and be patient and find an engine from a dismantler or donate?
posted by 65.216.35...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- 6 cylinder turbo engine, Jim Harrison, Mon, 9 Jan 2012 16:02:42
- Re: 6 cylinder turbo engine, SWEDECAR , Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:36:01
- What makes one think..., Larry West , Tue, 10 Jan 2012 06:46:17
- with 160k it's not worth much .......... n/m, jimmy, Mon, 9 Jan 2012 20:32:18
- Re: 6 cylinder turbo engine, Rob T, Mon, 9 Jan 2012 16:18:47
- What makes you think the headgasket has failed?, B Millar , Mon, 9 Jan 2012 16:08:33
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!