My usual SAAB certified mechanic said that is what he thought but don't know for sure justtaking his word. The engine blew a hose towards the back right hand side of the engine (when looking at it with the hood up) I had oil in the coolant just prior to the hose failure but there was no water in the crankcase or transmission. I asked the Tech. that and he said it had to do with pressure and that the oil can seep through but not the other way around. The engine runs but car is in the limp mode.
posted by 65.216.35...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- 6 cylinder turbo engine, Jim Harrison, Mon, 9 Jan 2012 16:02:42
- Re: 6 cylinder turbo engine, SWEDECAR , Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:36:01
- What makes one think..., Larry West , Tue, 10 Jan 2012 06:46:17
- with 160k it's not worth much .......... n/m, jimmy, Mon, 9 Jan 2012 20:32:18
- Re: 6 cylinder turbo engine, Rob T, Mon, 9 Jan 2012 16:18:47
- What makes you think the headgasket has failed?, B Millar , Mon, 9 Jan 2012 16:08:33
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!