NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
I highly doubt you would be able to loose that much oil through a head gasket and have no running problems.
If you would have external oil leaks loosing that much, you would leave a mess everywhere you park the car.
I suspect it is the turbo seals leaking small amounts at all times sending the oil into the exhaust system.
It could also be the piston rings not sealing properly and if you see build up of oil around oil filler cap, it is a good chance the piston rings are weak and you have too much blow by pressure in engine. That would also push oil out at every weak spot on the engine.
You will eventually kill the catalytic converter and oxygen sensors with all the oil passing through.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, Mike Keller, Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:05:39
- Re: how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, B Lin, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:08:08
- Re: how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, Mysaab, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:52:50
- I'm in the same boat..., Saabinhappy, Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:54:55
- Re: how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, SWEDECAR , Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:19:35
- Re: how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, aka oldsaab, Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:33:01
- Re: how much oil loss is too much? headgasket issues, Mike Keller, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 06:37:13
- + 1 to Anders, time for a newer car!, jimmy, Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:39:44
- Re: + 1 to Anders, time for a newer car!, jeff02 , Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:39:12
- Re: + 1 to Anders, time for a newer car!, Mike Keller, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 06:38:38
- rust, James, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:01:52
- Re: rust, jeff02 , Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:04:55
- Re: rust, James, Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:01:36
- Back Rust Fix, jeff02 , Thu, 26 Jan 2012 06:47:53
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.