I remember other posters stating to do three ATF changes in quick succession to change out about 90% of the oil. I've done that and plan on 4 quart changes every 20,000 miles. Did that with a '90 Volvo 740 and we drove it for 300k+ with the original trans and NO shifting issues at all. We used AmsOil ATF - and that's what I've installed in our '04 Aero. It shifts and runs great. I'm a firm believer in doing trans drains and not flushes as they can cause more harm than good.
posted by 75.38.241...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- 2008 Aero sitting in my garage, MI-Roger , Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:41:35
- Re: 2008 Aero sitting in my garage, SWEDECAR , Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:13:05
- I already bought four quarts of T-IV fluid, MI-Roger , Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:34:47
- ATF in only 33K miles? Really?, Mark from Toronto, Tue, 14 Feb 2012 19:15:10
- Re: ATF in only 33K miles? Really?, Paul in NM, Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:45:40
- Re: ATF in only 33K miles? Really?, SWEDECAR , Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:35:30
- Average age calculation, Stephen Goldberger, Wed, 15 Feb 2012 07:16:20
- Anecdotal comments from other posters on ATF, MI-Roger , Wed, 15 Feb 2012 03:33:41
- Re: ATF in only 33K miles? Really?, saabsince 93b , Tue, 14 Feb 2012 20:01:45
- Sure., B Millar , Tue, 14 Feb 2012 19:37:48
- Brake fluid?, B Millar , Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:20:10
- Just to point out, pic, SWEDECAR , Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:41:46
- And I thought I was bad neglecting brake fluid ;o), MI-Roger , Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:39:27
- No "sludge fund" in their back pocket? nm, Norm95, Tue, 14 Feb 2012 20:13:00
- Re: And I thought I was bad neglecting brake fluid ;o), SWEDECAR , Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:05:14
- Oh dear..., B Millar , Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:51:59
- Yikes!, Doug W, Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:31:10
- Time to cut the center resonator out., B Millar , Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:51:29
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!