Hi Rick. Ths SID display of MPG is just a rough guide as to your actual miles per gallon. That is good for 1000 miles anyway and then you should press CLEAR until it reads CLEARED
( on the SID ). Pen and paper math is best for actual MPG.
If still low you should check your air pressure in tires, replace spark plugs, replace engine air filter, replace oil, brake pads, etc. Basic tune up according to SAAB manual time intervals should be O.K.
posted by 76.15.126...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- MPG- wagon vs sedan, SRS900S, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 13:10:10
- Re: MPG- wagon vs sedan, rick z, Tue, 24 Apr 2012 12:58:27
- Re: MPG- wagon vs sedan, cork , Tue, 24 Apr 2012 06:35:08
- I think it's more auto vs. manual, John in Bismarck, Mon, 23 Apr 2012 05:21:38
- Re: MPG- wagon vs sedan, AeroLady, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:03:55
- 00 Sedan sees 40+, 21.5 towing another 9-5 sedan., Norm95, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:29:18
- YMMV, Paul'sAero, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:26:15
- '00 Aero sedan - gets me a solid 13.3 !, thatbobguy, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 17:20:43
- I've got 3 auto wagons, EricG, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 15:31:32
- Re: MPG- wagon vs sedan, jb928, Sun, 22 Apr 2012 15:24:04
- Re: MPG- wagon vs sedan, Dano in Texas , Sun, 22 Apr 2012 14:14:11
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!