NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
About a year or two ago, GM and Saab dropped the complete pump assembly in favor of the half pump design that all aftermarket companies had been supplying.
But as you mentioned, if for some or another dumb reason the shop did the water pump replacement the way I did it many, many years ago on my first 9000 with B234 engine by loosening the rear housing from pump in car and letting the rear housing stay on the engine, than yes, the two o-rings would not be replaced.
Since that was the way you did them on the 900 and older 9000 I just didn't think much about it until later on when I found out you rip the whole pump assembly out after removing the A/C compressor.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Should I be mad at my shop? (coolant leak woes), Scott H., Sat, 12 May 2012 12:41:30
- Did they do the whole pump or just the insert?, dmz789qqq, Sun, 13 May 2012 07:32:15
- That's a really cheap water pump replacement job, Chadwick , Sat, 12 May 2012 18:42:30
- Re: Should I be mad at my shop? (coolant leak woes), SWEDECAR , Sat, 12 May 2012 14:45:55
- Not a lot of diagnostics in your post, Paul'sAero, Sat, 12 May 2012 13:13:07
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.