At 60 mph the 04 Arc automatic tachometer reads about 1800 rpms where my 5-speed manual 00 reads about 2300 if I remember correctly. This might explain why the automatic sees similar fuel economy as the 5-speed at cruise. The cruise control on the auto will not hold the exact speed like a manual transmission will. This could help the auto close the gap on the manual.
I use highway cruise as an example as it's steady state with little driver input. The later which is the key to getting better mpg. Settle in at highway cruise and clear the SID. ToddinMA is just jealous. :)
posted by 74.82.64...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- GAS MILEAGE -- 9-5 Wagon with stick ?, STICKMAN, Tue, 15 May 2012 09:59:13
- Re: GAS MILEAGE -- 9-5 Wagon with stick ?, GFW3pedals , Wed, 16 May 2012 09:13:22
- Re: GAS MILEAGE -- 9-5 Wagon with stick ?, Snowmobile , Wed, 16 May 2012 08:04:01
- Check fuelly.com and fueleconomy.gov, ToddInMA, Wed, 16 May 2012 07:29:44
- Re: GAS MILEAGE -- 9-5 Wagon with stick ?, John in Bismarck, Wed, 16 May 2012 05:36:14
- 39 mpg @ 60 mph - 04 Arc Wagon nm, Norm95, Tue, 15 May 2012 15:59:54
- Re: GAS MILEAGE -- 9-5 Wagon with stick ?, Dean, Tue, 15 May 2012 11:41:16
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!