I used lock cylinder lubricant (Autozone), sprayed some directly into the cylinder and some on the key. I did a few in-n-outs with the key to work it in there. The problem lessened more and more each day as the lube coated everything. After about 4 days - no problems. Has been problem free for 5 months or so.
posted by 171.159.19...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Re: ignition switch sticks, John Gum , Thu, 31 May 2012 10:52:40
- Re: ignition switch sticks, K. Daehnke, Fri, 1 Jun 2012 21:21:11
- Re: ignition switch sticks, Dean, Thu, 31 May 2012 14:51:17
- had this problem, ToddInMA, Thu, 31 May 2012 13:52:09
- Re: ignition switch sticks, AdamSAAB2kAero, Thu, 31 May 2012 11:21:05
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!