NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
Last year had a client who brought me a similar problem when he moved from VT. Severe lack of power with the AC on and high ambient temps. The dealer had replaced CPS, IDM, TB, AMM, MAP sensor without any improvement.
After a quick scan with the Tech 2, I noticed the knock and misfire counters were through the roof. Reset and hit the road. Turns out he had been running 87 octane as "Saab says its okay in the owners manual". A simple refill with 93 octane, resetting adaption values took care of it (long term as I still service the vehicle).
posted by 97.103.11...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- power loss when hot - need expert help please, POB, Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:47:58
- Re: power loss when hot - need expert help please, Dean, Sat, 23 Jun 2012 08:30:04
- Fuel Octane?, JustinHiFi , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:10:36
- Re: power loss when hot - need expert help please, David B, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:41:05
- Pull fuse 17 for 30 seconds. nm, Norm95, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 06:13:25
- Re: power loss when hot - need expert help please, Vlad from Torono, Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:23:53
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.