NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
I've done some searching and I've devised a plan but I want to get your input to make sure I'm not missing something.
My '04 Aero wagon (Automatic) hesitates at sustained partial throttle. My first thought was DIC, but I replaced it and saw no improvement in the behavior. The hesitation never happens at WOT and I haven't noticed it on trailing throttle. The car has hunted at idle on very rare occasions, but it surges most commonly at consistent speeds between 35-75 even while cruise control is on. The turbo gauge and tach both hop around a bit and there's a distinct surge/break in acceleration. (Jerk)
My plan of attack:
Check vacuum hoses for cracks or leaks (I might just replace them)
Check spark plugs (also might replace them)
Check MAF sensor (my brother has an '01 LPT, if I can, I'll switch them out to see if that changes)
If it is the MAF, has anyone ever used a non-OEM part? I'm just curious. I tend to go with OEM stuff for things like this.
Thanks in advance.
'04 Aero SC, 81K miles.
posted by 72.47.88...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Misfire at cruising speed., PGAero , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:06:55
- Re: same symptoms, Dano in Texas , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:28:35
- Re: Misfire at cruising speed., John Myers , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:22:57
- Re: Misfire at cruising speed., PGAero , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:42:12
- Re: Misfire at cruising speed-replacing throttle body, paul de k , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:21:00
- No programming is required., John Myers , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:19:51
- Thanks..., PGAero , Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:45:41
- Engage limp-home mode and see if it goes away., dmz789qqq, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:03:06
- Engage limp-home mode and see if it goes away., dmz789qqq, Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:02:59
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.