Off that mordor thread the bottom line about T5 cassettes (which feature different design then T7) is the following:
- usually it's the capacitor or transistors which fail
- should any coil go failed (no oil or short winding) then IDM repair is inexpedient
- the main issue is to dig to PCB thru compound and to find and order replacement parts (like capacitor or transistor) which are quite special
- one can expect about 10-12 years of lifetime for T5 IDM, which as mentioned above is mainly determined by the spark plug coils
I haven't read any detailed breakdown on T7 cassettes (nor I even own one to have a look at it), but I'd expect that in those boys it is the transistors, inductance coil and spark plug coils which should give you troubles.
As for BBA remanufacturing, then just count the labor involved and you can pretty closely estimate the price tag: it all starts with at least two hours of assiduous, painstaking and very critical work (compound removal), more probably it'll take 4-5 hours. So remanufactured cassette will set you back for about the same as brand new one. I've written about this in general BB about 6 months ago.
For any comments or assistance on to-from Mordor translation feel free to ping me on C900 BB.
posted by 87.228.10...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- DIC inside view., dmz789qqq, Tue, 26 Jun 2012 11:14:59
- Re: DIC inside view., SWEDECAR , Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:13:29
- Re: DIC inside view., Snowmobile , Wed, 27 Jun 2012 06:36:24
- Re: DIC inside view., JerryC, Wed, 27 Jun 2012 05:47:28
- The part that usually fails..., Stephen Goldberger, Wed, 27 Jun 2012 05:03:37
- Re: DIC inside view., C H Tay, Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:20:02
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!