NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
Over the past few days, my wife has been complaining that the 9-5 feels really sluggish off the line. Took a look at it last night to check the hoses, and notices that the hose from the intercooler to the plastic intake tube was about to pop, so tightened it. Everything else looked fine too (vacuum lines, etc.) So, I took it out today with on a roadtrip with the fam. Felt great in the morning, but this afternoon in temperatures above 90 degrees, was very very slow off the line...seemed to take forever for the turbo to spool up, and when it did, it was peppy. But below 3000rpm was a real dog. Now that I think about it, it's been doing this since I originally got the car back in '09...
Over the past year, i've done the following:
- new plugs
- new DIC
- new air filter
- cleaned the Throttle Body using instructions posted here.
- cleaned the MAF
Anyone have any idea what it could be, or is it just a Saab trait?
posted by 68.97.1...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- '07 9-5 hates the heat..., Tulsaab , Sat, 14 Jul 2012 20:03:42
- it's all about air density n/m, jimmy, Sun, 15 Jul 2012 19:52:47
- could it be the MAF?, Tulsaab , Sun, 15 Jul 2012 11:07:16
- Re: '07 9-5 hates the heat..., SG, Sun, 15 Jul 2012 09:30:14
- Most engines do, especially turbo charged ones., Norm95, Sun, 15 Jul 2012 06:44:13
- My 2000 was like this, my 2008 not..., MI-Roger , Sun, 15 Jul 2012 05:23:50
- Re: '07 9-5 hates the heat..., Aero~0657, Sat, 14 Jul 2012 20:45:56
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.