This is not a repeat problem. The indy/parking garage comment was a few knuckle heads over the years that have jammed it between reverse and 4th (thinking it is in reverse) to try and get the key out and the stick becomes jammed. In the past, came lose after forcing it into neutral. The stick is just depressingly free now...can place the car in reverse to remove the key, but there is no engagement of anything. Even with car off, there is no engagement. With the car on, no gear will engage. This indy has worked on many SAABs including ours and has done a great job. This was a very unexpected surprise. We do most of the work ourselves, just didn't have the time this time around.
Still waiting to hear back from them today. Will keep you posted.
posted by 67.65.1...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- radiator replaced now manual transmission not working!, TexSAAB, Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:12:00
- Re: radiator replaced now manual transmission not working!, TexSAAB, Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:17:13
- Re: radiator replaced now manual transmission not working!, texsaab, Wed, 15 Aug 2012 05:47:56
- Does it shift with the engine off?, dmz789qqq, Tue, 14 Aug 2012 18:40:32
- Write to us on any updates, AdamSAAB2kAero, Tue, 14 Aug 2012 18:02:09
- Re: radiator replaced now manual transmission not working!, AdamSAAB2kAero, Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:59:50
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!