I wonder if the magazine testers rely on the speedometer for speed reading . . . and hence shave as much as 15% off time (i.e. actually achieving only 0-52mph, 10% + 4km/h). That may partly explain why some european cars have ridiculous fast time despite engine output being less.
posted by 75.67.1...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Speedometer off based on GPS and ECU data, Brian, Fri, 17 Aug 2012 03:29:20
- Re: Speedometer off based on GPS and ECU data, Slug , Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:42:44
- Same here, Vicsaero95, Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:28:03
- Speedo error, Les_H, Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:54:21
- Re: Speedo error, Dean, Fri, 17 Aug 2012 06:38:48
- Does that affect 0-60 tests etc.?, Tim, Fri, 17 Aug 2012 06:22:01
- Old tires read faster, shorter. nm, Norm95, Fri, 17 Aug 2012 06:21:59
- Mine reads 3mph fast, 03 Aero. NM, S-Works, Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:34:00
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!