NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
|95 Bulletin Board|
The noise you here from a V6 9-5 is the "WAAAaaaaa" from the intake tract. As the boost is very low it still allows a noticable roar upon big throttle applications. The 2.3lpt runs much more boost which makes it virtually silent.
You've probably never heard the secondaries open on a big 4-barrell carb on a big Detroit V8. GM for example goes to great lengths to quite this on all their 5.3 and 6.0 SUV V8 motors, but you can still here it.
It's not an exhaust noise, and not turbo whine, but induction roar.
posted by 207.158.49...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- 9-5's with V6... any good? need advice, Greg , Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:45:38
- Re: 9-5's with V6... any good? need advice, Steve, Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:21:47
- Re: 9-5's with V6... any good? need advice, Jeremy, Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:43:23
- Re: 9-5's with V6... any good? need advice, patprice, Sun, 26 Oct 2003 06:53:50
- I test drove all flavors, you should too, if possible., Dave in Houston, Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:32:46
- Aftermarket upgrades slim with V6, Greg W , Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:34:51
- V6 has it's advantages...., Mike Lynch , Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:50:27
- Re: 9-5's with V6... any good? need advice, BarryD, Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:45:46
- Re: 9-5's with V6... any good? need advice, Bob T in Ct, Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:11:42
- Opinions vary. Ya gotta drive 'em both., JimW, Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:42:30
- Re: 9-5's with V6... any good? need advice, albany, Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:26:15
- Re: 9-5's with V6... any good? need advice, Brooks G, Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:45:47
- Act fast, IIRC, phred, Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:41:50
- Re: 9-5's with V6... any good? need advice, Coolknight, Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:56:50
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.