Another gas mileage post here.......
Currently our Aero wagon (22 mpg) returns poorer gas mileage than our SE V6 (25mpg). Roughly 75 percent of the driving is rural, with maybe 25% highway. My old 9000 continually returned 28mpg.
Intuitively something doesn't seem right. I had the Aero checked when it was at the dealer for a DI and new shocks. I mentioned the gas mileage and they said everything was normal.
We use the highest grade gas, and synthetic engine oil, changed regularly. The pcv upgrade has not been performed. Perhaps this is affecting performance. Or, perhaps the wife has a lead foot.
posted by 63.66.1...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- gas mileage, hdm, Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:32:13
- Re: gas mileage, Bill N, Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:42:16
- Re: gas mileage sounds ok., Aerohead, Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:28:13
- Re: gas mileage, Erica, Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:59:22
- Re: gas mileage, Brooks G, Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:34:35
- How old are the plugs?, Rick D., Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:05:19
- Re: gas mileage, AeroLady, Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:12:36
- Re: gas mileage, Dean, Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:04:45
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!