Two years ago we borrowed a brand new '02 Arc (V6) for a weekend trip, and were amazed at the mileage we got, over 30 mpg on the highway. I bought an '02 Aero (5 sp.) and have yet to see that kind of mileage. I average about 23 mpg, half city, half highway. My old 9000 averaged about 24 mpg. Interestingly enough when I drive it hard, I seem to get better mileage. So I get there faster and the engine doesn't run as long? ;) Hmmm. Maybe your wife needs some heavier shoes! Your mileage sounds average compared to the posts I have seen here. A bit disappointing, but probably not abnormal.
'02 Aero SW, 22K
posted by 205.188.209...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- gas mileage, hdm, Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:32:13
- Re: gas mileage, Bill N, Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:42:16
- Re: gas mileage sounds ok., Aerohead, Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:28:13
- Re: gas mileage, Erica, Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:59:22
- Re: gas mileage, Brooks G, Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:34:35
- How old are the plugs?, Rick D., Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:05:19
- Re: gas mileage, AeroLady, Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:12:36
- Re: gas mileage, Dean, Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:04:45
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!