NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
Your response to Justin's post reminded me an awful lot of what happened to my '89 SPG. In fact, the porpoising idle is almost identical. Made it a real PITA to try to drive :-)
I cured it in the '89 by replacing the ECU, but I wonder if I could have cured it by giving the ECU a hard reset (taking the battery offline) and changing the AMM. Just changing the AMM didn't do anything for mine.
The hard reset won't do anything for your car because the LH 2.2 doesn't have any resettable memory to the best of my knowledge.
I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what people come up with - maybe it's something simpler than I thought (and maybe I can reuse the ECU I replaced.)
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- '87 900T starts but won't keep running, dies -- long, scott47 , Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:05:57
- Re: '87 900T starts but won't keep running, dies -- long, scott47 , Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:01:45
- Re: '87 900T starts but won't keep running, dies -- lon, Nashvegas, Tue, 3 Oct 2006 15:26:29
- A few ideas ..., RS , Tue, 3 Oct 2006 12:24:57
- Re: '87 900T starts but won't keep running, dies -- lon, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 3 Oct 2006 12:22:03
- Re: '87 900T starts but won't keep running, dies -- lon, george chiassion, Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:50:47
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.