I recently bit-the-bullet and paid $900 for the installation of a new rack, new tie rod ends, wheel alignment, sales tax. The car drives much better and I'm happy to be rid of the headache of topping-off the PSF every week.
Unless you DIY, that seems to be the going rate. I don't get the 200 charge for the power steering filter because they only cost 20 dollars at the local auto parts store and just gets spliced into the high pressure hose. You could also just leave it out completely. Most cars don't have one at all.
You should also replace the low pressure hose and will definitely need to have a front wheel alignment shortly afterwards.
posted by 75.69.5...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- power steering leak diagnosed, $1000 to fix???, drupchen, Sat, 19 Jan 2008 08:08:03
- Re: power steering leak diagnosed, $1000 to fix???, No Snaab , Sun, 20 Jan 2008 09:48:16
- First, is the rack leaking?, andym, Sun, 20 Jan 2008 08:05:53
- One week old reference point, tz, Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:02:53
- Your mechanic is getting top dollar..., decatursaab, Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:32:34
- Re: use 50% Lucas Oil Stabilizer in the fluid, pjkbrit, Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:25:48
- Re: power steering leak diagnosed, $1000 to fix???, george chiassion, Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:36:34
- Re: power steering leak diagnosed, $1000 to fix???, Saana88 , Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:31:38
- that's about right, brownie, Sat, 19 Jan 2008 08:49:25
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!