bullseye makes one that is white pigmented shellac + while excellent for it's intended purpose, does not fare well in damp environments (peels off). I don't know if that would be an issue on the headliner (condensation?), but it does say not to use it outside (and I have first hand experience in it peeling off bare wood in a damp environment!)... a good oil based primer should fare better in damp conditions + outdoors...
for some reason I think I read about someone saturating the headliner in some sort of diluted glue... maybe I'm just thinking of mdf sealing...
posted by 216.59.227...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Ksaab wrote about priming the headliner fiberglas board, poop deck pappy , Tue, 10 Jan 2012 07:53:39
- Re: Ksaab wrote about priming the headliner fiberglas board, turbocon86, Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:43:22
- Re: Ksaab wrote about priming the headliner fiberglas board, James, Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:06:21
- It seems like a, poop deck pappy , Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:02:38
- YMMV, poop deck pappy , Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:46:38
- Re: YMMV, turbocon86, Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:17:48
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!