Ten Most Recently Updated Saabnet.com Member Photo Galleries | Profiles
Become a Saabnet.com Member Today - Click Here!
Did not replace chain. Unbolted chain sprocket and adjusted cam to correct position. The chain tensioner was replaced just to be sure although never found out what caused the problem. The 900S ran great after this repair.
If your problem is intermitent it is probably not the chain. The crankshaft pulley sounds likely. Has the harmonic balancer made any noises when you first start driving it (cold first 5 - 10 minutes of driving)?
posted by 75.1.20...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- 1989 na 5spd-CAR RUNS LIKE IT JUMPED TIME, t, Thu, 8 Mar 2012 14:23:05
- I thought only DeLoreans could do that, Notnoel , Fri, 9 Mar 2012 12:31:19
- i have another thought. have a good look at wires, Nicknick , Thu, 8 Mar 2012 23:14:11
- Re: 1989 na 5spd-CAR RUNS LIKE IT JUMPED TIME, GTW, Thu, 8 Mar 2012 17:08:32
- Re: 1989 na 5spd-CAR RUNS LIKE IT JUMPED TIME, Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 8 Mar 2012 14:25:38
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!