NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
I just sold her daily driver SPG as the tranny was starting to make noise. When that was running well there were no complaints.
Last summer I had her driving the '94 CE convertible. At first she hated it because I bought it without really sitting down and talking about it. Finances were tough at the time, we had just moved and had not yet found a job. She was looking for financial stability through pure savings (hard without income), while my strategy was the opposite - buy a nice CE for dirt cheap and flip it to get her some savings. I was in the doghouse... until she drove the car. She fell in love and didn't want me to sell it.
So when they are working, it's great. I think it's more the emotional disconnect that she feels when there is competition for her time. If you have ever read the book "The 5 Love Languages," she scored like 100% quality time and that means sitting face to face and talking with no distractions whatsoever. Meaning when I work on the cars, she feels like they are competition for my time. Time equals love to her, so they are competition for my love and she is fully against them. I've tried to explain that Saab, Honda, Toyota, Ferrari, they would all need maintenance and the newer the car, the more expensive. Saabs are the lesser evil. But she doesn't seem to get it.
So maybe it would be smart to just get a full rebuild on the SPG and get it overwith. Then have a good running one and I think that would make her happy as long as I'm spending more time with her than the car. It's just the finances we would have to work out. So I guess it all depends on how soon I can sell the parts from the SPG parts car we have. Let me know if you need anything!
posted by 205.122.2...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Overwhelmed, RadioFlyer , Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:28:00
- You Need Balance: One New & One Old, Tootsacolta, Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:25:59
- NOT Overwhelmed, smt, Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:37:05
- Re: Overwhelmed, Paddan, Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:39:09
- Search your feelings...you know it to be true, SPGx2, Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:47:37
- Buy the wife a new car or used coming off a lease, Notnoel , Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:45:50
- Re: Overwhelmed, Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:23:41
- Re: Overwhelmed, Ed_F , Fri, 30 Mar 2012 01:22:47
- Get your wife what she wants., poop deck pappy , Thu, 29 Mar 2012 17:51:55
- Very well stated! nm, BAAB_, Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:39:31
- WORD!, thresholdmusic, Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:16:57
- Drive the car you want to drive as long as you want, BAAB , Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:50:17
- Your right on this one., John G, Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:50:45
- Re: Overwhelmed, K-Saab , Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:54:35
- another newer saab?, Snowmobile , Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:52:22
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.