NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
My '94 Comm Ed convertible is shaping up quite nicely... I figured out my (lack of) boost issue, replaced alternator bushings so my belts don't squeal, replaced clutch slave, fuel pump o-ring, turbo bypass valve, new tires last weekend, etc, etc...
BUT I CAN'T GET THE INTAKE BOOT TO STAY ON THE THROTTLE BODY!!
I thought I had it clamped down and it was fine for a couple weeks but I was doing about 80 on the highway in pouring rain last weekend, stepped on the gas a little and I lost all power. I reattached it on the side of the highway and hobbled home but now every time I lay on the boost, "POW!!" it pops right off and the car dies. I just went and got a new hose clamp and really latched it down. But I'm still not confident. The boot looks kind of chewed up and I feel like it doesn't seat correctly. Does anyone know where I can find a new one?
'94 900 Comm Ed #437
'04 9-5 Aero Sedan
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Throttle body intake booty - WTF!!!, B Millar , Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:48:29
- Re: Throttle body intake booty - WTF!!!, turbocon86, Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:30:31
- Thanks guys!, B Millar , Sun, 29 Apr 2012 05:33:24
- Re: Throttle body intake boot clamp modification, Jon , Sat, 28 Apr 2012 17:05:47
- I bought this from Saab last week..., poop deck pappy , Sat, 28 Apr 2012 14:58:52
- The hose clamp is OEM, vvack0matic, Sat, 28 Apr 2012 14:39:30
- degreaser, Tushy, Sat, 28 Apr 2012 14:02:04
- also, Tushy, Sat, 28 Apr 2012 14:04:31
- Re: Throttle body intake booty - WTF!!!, K-Saab , Sat, 28 Apr 2012 13:19:50
- Re: Throttle body intake booty - WTF!!!, John G, Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:54:08
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.