I wasn't able to get a kit from Adam as he didn't have any ready to go... I would have had to pull my trailing arms and front mounts and send them to him and wait to get them back... meaning having the car upon stands for a few days, which was not an option. My landlord and I are in a bit of a dispute about me doing car repairs on the property. They say I can't, but there is nothing in the lease. So in the meantime, out of respect, I'm trying to avoid big(ger) projects like this until we can work out some sort of agreement. Either they let me wrench in the driveway, or provide me with someplace else to do my wrenching.
I did the full swap on the rear in a couple of hours in a buddy's driveway.
Thanks for the compliments on the wheels though! I really love them, and they are by far my favorite of the 3 styles of 16" wheels, and obviously the most rare. I miss the inca's and the rugged 80's look. But the car feels so much better with the newer brake setup, it is well worth sacrificing the old school wheels.
posted by 65.175.230...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- 88+ swap complete!, Cark, Sun, 22 Jul 2012 13:14:44
- As far as the landlord dispute goes..., Baggsly , Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:45:36
- THANKS EVERYONE!, Cark, Tue, 24 Jul 2012 04:24:09
- Re: 88+ swap complete!, turbocon86, Mon, 23 Jul 2012 05:13:37
- nope, Cark, Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:15:44
- it looks very nice, are you going to try and..., Baggsly , Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:57:25
- Exceptionally good looking, RS , Sun, 22 Jul 2012 19:00:43
- Looks Great! Been following this with much, nateh89spg , Sun, 22 Jul 2012 15:54:31
- Re: 88+ swap complete!, Glen, Sun, 22 Jul 2012 15:30:44
- Thanks!, Cark, Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:26:39
- Re: Thanks!, Justin VanAbrahams, Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:29:33
- CPS, Cark, Mon, 23 Jul 2012 03:41:57
- Re: CPS, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:50:51
- Re: CPS, Cark, Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:20:40
- Re: CPS, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:04:15
- Re: CPS, Landjet , Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:49:45
- Re: CPS, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:58:28
- Re: CPS, PaulS , Tue, 24 Jul 2012 16:39:38
- Re: Thanks!, Landjet , Sun, 22 Jul 2012 21:08:52
- Re:, Siegfried, Mon, 23 Jul 2012 06:52:13
- Re: Re:, Landjet , Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:15:53
- Re: 88+ swap complete!, poop deck pappy , Sun, 22 Jul 2012 15:37:32
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!