NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
Hey guys. I've been working on the '80 900 turbo for a while now. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for simple upgrades? The car has the original calipers, rotors, and aftermarket (crummy) pads right now. The brakes squeel like a rabid pig. I've replaced all flexible brake lines, brake master, and shimmed all the pads. Still squeels. Plus the brakes really are not very strong. Could use a good upgrade. I know you can swap in an 86 or 87 setup with vented rotors, but the '80 had a longer spindle, so I would have to do hubs, rotors, calipers, pads, and outer CVs. Not sure if I want to change that much. I'm happy with a really good set of pads and rotors.
Here are my questions... First, the '80 rotors are pressed on. Do newer ('82+) rotors need to be pressed on? Second, I have new pads and calipers for the front brakes, but there doesn't seem to be enough space between the pads to fit the rotor. Am I doing something wrong, or did I end up with the wrong parts? Third, is there a bolt-on upgrade that i dont know about that may improve things?
posted by 199.96.119...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- '80 brake problems, RadioFlyer , Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:26:38
- '81 - '87 non vented hubs >>>>, BobD, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:51:39
- 81 & newer discs held w/screw, 75-80 need to be, jimmy, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:57:43
- Re: '80 brake problems, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:36:40
- bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, Siegfried, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:03:08
- Re: bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, RadioFlyer , Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:13:36
- Re: bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:08:53
- No, 99 & '79-80 900 rotors attach from the backside>, BobD, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:26:05
- Wow..., Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 23:29:24
- Re: bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, RadioFlyer , Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:14:03
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.