It's been a long time since I've had to deal with Saab brakes that old, but I am not aware of any 99 or 900 that had pressed-on rotors. That's a 1960s (or earlier) technology! Maybe you're thinking of the wheel bearing or hub or something? On my '78 99, '79 900, and '80 900 IIRC all the rotors flopped right off after removing the retaining screw.
As for the caliper, assuming the piston is fully compressed the only reason I can imagine you'd have a problem with the pads is if the slider is frozen and won't recenter. In that case, I think you'd have copious amounts of space on one side and none on the other. How are the pads that came out? Evenly worn?
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- '80 brake problems, RadioFlyer , Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:26:38
- '81 - '87 non vented hubs >>>>, BobD, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:51:39
- 81 & newer discs held w/screw, 75-80 need to be, jimmy, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:57:43
- Re: '80 brake problems, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:36:40
- bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, Siegfried, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:03:08
- Re: bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, RadioFlyer , Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:13:36
- Re: bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:08:53
- No, 99 & '79-80 900 rotors attach from the backside>, BobD, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:26:05
- Wow..., Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 23:29:24
- Re: bolt-on upgrade: MY '88+ hub assebmly, RadioFlyer , Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:14:03
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!