NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
I came to the same point myself a couple of months back. All three of our Saabs were out of commission and my wife called for a new strategy. I bought her a nice near-new Nissan Xterra and all hope was returned.... for about one week. Then the fuel pump and fuel level sender both went out. Dealer wanted $700. I fixed it myself and hated every minute of it.
On another note, my boss had me drive him to pick up his car today from the shop. A new Mazda. The main catalytic converter just went out. $1500 fix.
I have never had to do a fix like this on any of my 14 Saabs that I've owned. I made sure that my wife knew this. Now two out of the three Saabs are running great and she gave in to me buying another. All may seem gloom and doom at the moment, but keep in mind that you can go with a newer, "more reliable" car, but it may not work out that way. When your brand new plastic car's fuel pump goes out, you'll be looking again for a Saab.
So my advice... start with the cheap, easy fixes and work up from there. It sounds pretty simple. Like others have said, check that a vacuum hose, PCV valve, or air intake clamp is not loose and work around the engine for the obvious stuff.
posted by 67.2.1...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Saab died; losing hope for using c900t as daily driver, Robster501 , Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:21:39
- carbon on each spark plug... indication of anything?, Robster501 , Fri, 10 Aug 2012 12:27:40
- If it happened suddenly, I'd vote for, RS , Thu, 9 Aug 2012 07:41:32
- Grounds, turbocon86, Thu, 9 Aug 2012 07:33:06
- Re: Saab died; losing hope for using c900t as daily driver, BAAB , Wed, 8 Aug 2012 16:29:01
- Re: Saab died; losing hope for using c900t as daily driver, bill schultz , Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:38:46
- had to get that out of my system, Robster501 , Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:25:18
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.