NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
Hi Justin, ATP's 5-bolt v-band adapter is a real nice piece however my modified swing valve assembly only takes minimal mill work (along with my transition piece) to turn a stock one into a fully divided one!
In these photos I hadn't profiled the upper portion yet but I'll swap a photo in on the next completed one I do. Believe it or not a fully divided down-pipe is the only way to go especially if it utilizes a 7 degree transition all the way out to 3"! With ATP's 5-bolt v-band adapter you loose the 7 degree transition which is what makes this design work so well! When I do both a turbo and a down-pipe I machine the turbine housing at 7 degrees from just outboard of the exducer area out to the 7 degree transition piece which speeds the exhaust gases up as they exit all the way out to the beginning of where it becomes 3"! The exhaust systems I'm wanting to have built less down-pipe would have our 3" cat in the stock position, here's a photo of Jon's.
Remember I still have all the jigs to build my 3" systems if you want to borrow them to have the reputable shop down the street build something for you? Take care, Dave
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Twin Exhaust Tail Pipe Replacement, ToddF, Wed, 8 Aug 2012 10:12:50
- Is it bad in the over the axle bend ? >>>, BobD, Thu, 9 Aug 2012 09:39:49
- Re: Twin Exhaust Tail Pipe Replacement, 900 Aero , Wed, 8 Aug 2012 10:48:57
- Re: Twin Exhaust Tail Pipe Replacement, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:58:54
- ATP, Shaun , Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:31:35
- Re: ATP, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 8 Aug 2012 16:15:34
- In for one when you get a few more sets made, Turbo00, Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:09:56
- Re: Twin Exhaust Tail Pipe Replacement, turbocon86, Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:02:54
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.