I helped out for most of the swap. If you google "how to t5 a c900 the easy way" you will find some good writeups
the hardest part of the swap is with the dashboard end of things. You need to swap the car to an 89+ speedo, and the early cars have a funky tach amp, Your best bet to get rid of it is to cut the tach wire directly behind the cluster (4th wire from the bottom, of the drivers side plug) and go directly to the T5 ecu.
Im under this name in a few other places, and always open to help people do swaps,, im sure people on here can track me down.
posted by 24.61.8...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- T5 swap happens today!, Cark, Wed, 8 Aug 2012 03:58:11
- How to T5 a c900 in a day..., Cark, Thu, 9 Aug 2012 17:18:11
- Why I T5ed a really clean low mileage 85, Cark, Thu, 9 Aug 2012 05:09:50
- Man..., Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 9 Aug 2012 16:13:07
- and..., cark, Thu, 9 Aug 2012 05:11:45
- update!, Cark, Wed, 8 Aug 2012 21:28:38
- Congrats!, Judge Edo, Thu, 9 Aug 2012 06:44:31
- Re: T5 swap happens today!, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:42:24
- T5 and counting..., turbocon86, Wed, 8 Aug 2012 06:29:16
- Re: T5 swap happens today!, RadioFlyer , Wed, 8 Aug 2012 06:23:56
- T5 done, Mike D, Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:29:22
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!