NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
|9000 Bulletin Board|
I found a similar thing when I was doing my water pump. I found a local Service Station that was willing to drill out my broken studs. I removed exhaust manifold, radiator and anything else to give them clearance. I ended up with 5 broken studs while removing exuaust manifold. Only 2 when I started. They had all the room they needed and I didn't screw up the head trying to do it myself. Piece of mind having someone with the tools and experience to do it right. Of course I had to tow to the shop and back home again. Still cheaper then a new head. Good luck.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Two broken exhaust manifold studs, tz, Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:41:28
- In car repair, Montana Tom , Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:38:12
- Re: Two broken exhaust manifold studs, TML, Sat, 25 Sep 2010 17:33:21
- Current thinking, tz, Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:39:19
- they all snap, sooner or later.., derf, Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:05:24
- Re: Two broken exhaust manifold studs, Bill Homer, Sat, 25 Sep 2010 07:04:00
- Re: Two broken exhaust manifold studs, removal, BobS, Fri, 24 Sep 2010 20:43:53
- Re: JB Weld, davidk, Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:21:59
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.