I do this sometimes whenever I change the oil (remove filter first) and though I haven't measured it (and have no intention either), the oil continues to pour out. This is with the dipstick removed so the air pressure can assist. I usually end up putting the filter back on and draining out of the oil plug, which I always use anyways. This is with the car on a lift. I wouldn't dare do it in the driveway...
posted by 62.163.50...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- 9000 oil filter removal - oil loss?, Julian Marshall, Sun, 23 Jan 2011 05:16:05
- Re: Lots of oil..., Street, Sun, 23 Jan 2011 09:59:49
- And you want to do this because??? n/m, Noel , Sun, 23 Jan 2011 09:40:36
- Re: 9000 oil filter removal - oil loss?, Craig, Sun, 23 Jan 2011 08:11:21
- Just do it!, marvinstockman, Sun, 23 Jan 2011 07:37:27
- Re: 9000 oil filter removal - oil loss?, peter charak, Sun, 23 Jan 2011 07:35:06
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!