Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
Check your transmission fluid level and comdition. Measure it's normal operating temperature and it's "overheating" temperature. At 214k there is a good chance the friction material is worn resulting in slipping. You might be able to add a secondary transmission cooler to operate at a lower trans temp.
Before doing so, ensure the passenger side front fan is functioning. Test it by turning on the a/c compressor. It ahould turn on almost immediately.
posted by 69.242.242...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Temp. rising like a yo-yo (litle long) help.., Saabetized, Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:24:00
- Head gasket??, marvinstockman, Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:06:48
- Re: Temp. rising like a yo-yo (litle long) help.., T. Christopher, Thu, 5 Jan 2012 09:28:05
- Re: Temp. rising like a yo-yo (litle long) help.., DanaH, Thu, 5 Jan 2012 08:31:45
- Re: Temp. rising like a yo-yo (litle long) help.., Dale , Thu, 5 Jan 2012 06:44:50
- Re: Temp. rising like a yo-yo (litle long) help.., BobS, Wed, 4 Jan 2012 20:35:55
- Re: Temp. rising like a yo-yo (litle long) help.., Simon S, Wed, 4 Jan 2012 20:07:55
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!