Take the head off, bring it to a machine shop with an EDM eroder, and let them do the studs. That way, even if they break, they can get them out safely.
The head gasket job isn't bad at all compared to the studs.
posted by 24.22.62...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- manifold bolts, why not stainless?, DanaH, Mon, 9 Apr 2012 08:27:15
- Re: manifold bolts, why not stainless?, T. Christopher, Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:16:10
- Re: manifold bolts, why not stainless?, John G, Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:39:44
- I hear ya. Not a fun job. Or cheap., Noel , Tue, 10 Apr 2012 06:08:31
- Re: I don't dare touch the studs now........., DanaH, Mon, 9 Apr 2012 14:49:09
- Re: manifold bolts,?, dref, Mon, 9 Apr 2012 10:23:08
- no, because they're weaker. nm, Simon S, Mon, 9 Apr 2012 08:58:25
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!