I have never encountered the metal heater core on a 9000, but will say that the metal heater core on my C900 lasted for the life of the car.
While you are in there, there are a couple of short plastic coupler tubes that join the two pieces of each heater hose. There are known to rot and start leaking, so while you are in there I would replace them if you haven't already.
posted by 108.71.134...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Consensus: Do the heater core or no??, turrbo , Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:26:57
- Do you keep up with coolant flushing?, John Fitzgerald , Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:13:17
- Probably not., Noel , Fri, 13 Jul 2012 07:11:42
- Replace the short plastic coupler tubes, Bill Homer, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 06:40:48
- Re: Consensus: Do the heater core or no??, marvinstockman, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 06:18:43
- hell no. Metal core is lifetime. nm, Simon S, Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:43:26
- hardly.., dref, Fri, 13 Jul 2012 18:24:13
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!