I bought an electric impact wrench from harbour freight for something like $39 - spun the crank bolt right off (keep in mind that it's reverse threaded), no problem at all. I've heaved and cursed at axle nuts before, even did the trick with sliding a 6ft section of iron pipe over the breaker bar to get leverage - but no more. Best $40 I ever spent.
posted by 71.36.88...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Do I need high torque wrench($$$) for crank bolt?, DanaH, Sat, 11 Aug 2012 06:36:45
- Use the starter motor, dref, Sun, 12 Aug 2012 08:33:52
- Re: Do I need high torque wrench($$$) for crank bolt?, BT, Sat, 11 Aug 2012 19:11:43
- Free rentals, Bill Homer, Sat, 11 Aug 2012 15:35:29
- Re: Do I need high torque wrench($$$) for crank bolt?, BobS, Sat, 11 Aug 2012 15:21:33
- Re: Do I need high torque wrench($$$) for crank bolt?, Simon S, Sat, 11 Aug 2012 10:54:32
- Re: Do I need high torque wrench($$$) for crank bolt?, marvinstockman, Sat, 11 Aug 2012 09:44:16
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!