NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
|9000 Bulletin Board|
You're right, the 16mm nut can be reached from above with a really long extension. I never would have thought of that. The rear O2 sensor might be reachable that way also.
Using the nut to tighten the stud was a calculated risk. I may wish later that I had replaced the stud as well as all of the nuts. Luckily the nut did not unstick, and it drove the stud until it is fully seated. Who knows, maybe the leak would have stopped if I had simply tightened that nut? No complaints, my luck held and I acquired some knowledge.
The downpipe's flange was clean and smooth. I think that smearing on some anti-seize helped it to mate smoothly. The grease cooked off quickly and hopefully left behind some copper and aluminum to help it stay sealed.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Downpipe to turbo connection, sam96CS , Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:27:56
- Success! Notes for anyone who is interested, sam96CS , Fri, 17 Aug 2012 12:38:38
- I would replace the stud while you have the chance, Bill Homer, Thu, 16 Aug 2012 18:02:05
- Re: Downpipe to turbo connection, Mr. Bubble, Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:41:32
- Re: Studs, davidk, Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:41:26
- parts..., dref, Thu, 16 Aug 2012 18:52:26
- Re: Studs, sam96CS , Thu, 16 Aug 2012 18:00:09
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.