I just pulled my Fuel Dist apart w/ some help from the Netherlands...
It looks like a REAL simple rebuild, despite what I was expecting!
here is the email the manufacturer sent me this morn on how to get the halves apart:
The two halfâ€™s are bolted together with torx m5 screws. You have to remove these screws first. You can also remove the big 19 mm screw at the bottom of the fd. You have to knock with an nylon hammer on the fd black cast iron parts to open it. You can pull the upper and lower half from each other. Don't twist the upper and lower half because it can harm the springs inside.
The trick to rebuild it is that you have to polish the upper and lower half on sandpaper 1200 that is taped to a glass plate. You get a very smooth polished surface. Never use fluid seals as lock tide (locktite?) or that sort of stuff. The O rings will make a leak proof FD. If there are dents in the metal plate you have a problem. These dents make it hard to adjust the flow for each port. We are still trying to make new metal diaphragms for these fd's
Real nice guy...it worked like a charm...3 min later, mine was apart! Careful as the little red filter screens inside each outlet to the injectors will shoot out as you're hammering. worked great though
lots of weirdness inside...dried goo, varnished dino bones. Ordered a kit today
posted by 71.150.25...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- K Jet parts, documents, thresholdmusic, Mon, 7 Nov 2011 06:29:23
- Re: K Jet parts, documents (another source), Gary Stottler , Tue, 8 Nov 2011 05:26:51
- Re: K Jet parts, documents (another source), thresholdmusic, Tue, 8 Nov 2011 12:40:21
- Rebuilding K-jet parts, Gary Stottler , Wed, 9 Nov 2011 05:31:31
- Re: Rebuilding K-jet parts, thresholdmusic, Wed, 9 Nov 2011 06:54:50
- Re: Rebuilding K-jet parts, David Smith, Sat, 17 Dec 2011 07:50:02
- Re: Rebuilding K-jet parts (need pressure gauge!), Gary Stottler , Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:51:30
- Re: Rebuilding K-jet parts (great documents!), Gary Stottler , Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:43:18
- OK, got it...try this, thresholdmusic, Wed, 9 Nov 2011 08:30:46 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!