I always just tapped the plug down to lower the cold control pressure or open it up and tap it back out to raise the cold control pressure. It's something you should only need to do every several years as the WUR wears and the bi-metallic strip weakens, so I wasn't interested in modifying the plug and risking the cost of a good core if I need a rebuild.
You must have fuel gauges attached and the tapping is very small to make a change. You get the hang of it really quick. Remember that the WUR only controls cold control pressure.
posted by 72.241.28...
Posts in this Thread:
- K Jet parts, documents, thresholdmusic, Mon, 7 Nov 2011 06:29:23
- Re: K Jet parts, documents (another source), Gary Stottler , Tue, 8 Nov 2011 05:26:51
- Re: K Jet parts, documents (another source), thresholdmusic, Tue, 8 Nov 2011 12:40:21
- Rebuilding K-jet parts, Gary Stottler , Wed, 9 Nov 2011 05:31:31
- Re: Rebuilding K-jet parts, thresholdmusic, Wed, 9 Nov 2011 06:54:50
- Re: Rebuilding K-jet parts, David Smith, Sat, 17 Dec 2011 07:50:02 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Rebuilding K-jet parts (need pressure gauge!), Gary Stottler , Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:51:30
- Re: Rebuilding K-jet parts (great documents!), Gary Stottler , Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:43:18
- OK, got it...try this, thresholdmusic, Wed, 9 Nov 2011 08:30:46
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!