...face it -- the 9-3 chassis and platform dates from a late 1980's Opel. The car generally is an old design, and the manfacturing standards are not quite up to the new standards. The suspension is behind what rivals are doing right now as well in terms of refinement -- I see it whenever my Viggen hits a bump in the road and the car continues to quiver after that bump.
Don't get me wrong -- I am willing to put up with some of the drawbacks of the old chassis and old design for the benefits the car offers. But I wouldn't get my panties in a wad over a last place finish to some very good cars (although the Lincoln LS finishing ahead is a little insulting) that were designed and produced many years after the basic 9-3 platform was put into production.
For the money I paid for my 2001 Viggen ($31.5K new) it's a better value than the cars they tested anyway.
posted by 208.200.18...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Did anyone else get the new Car and Driver, Wassabe, Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:18:33
- Haven't seen the article, but..., Hood, Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:27:18
- Re: Did anyone else get the new Car and Driver, Bob M, Mon, 7 Jan 2002 07:59:52
- Re: Did anyone else get the new Car and Driver, r34, Sun, 6 Jan 2002 17:35:13
- Re: Did anyone else get the new Car and Driver, PaulF, Sat, 5 Jan 2002 20:43:55
- Re: Did anyone else get the new Car and Driver, jc, Sat, 5 Jan 2002 10:59:25
- Re: Did anyone else get the new Car and Driver, Carl Russ, Sat, 5 Jan 2002 10:59:00
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!