...I've got a couple questions. To make sure I understand, you've sanded those spots on the hood, then tried to polish them out with the PC and the Griots polishes, and they have not come out? Are those pics of the hood's current condition, post polishing?
If so, a couple of suggestions:
1. Resand with 2500 grit to reduce scratch size then retry your polishes.
2. Polish with a more aggressive polish. I'm not familiar with Griots products but if it were me, I'd be using something like Meguiar's #84 Compound Power Cleaner followed by something like Einszett Paint Polish.
3. Before getting it repainted, take it to a good pro detailer and let him polish out the hood with a high speed rotary polisher. That should do the trick. If you're passing thru Atlanta anytime soon, stop by and I'll take care of it for you.
Let us know how it goes for you. Good luck.
posted by 64.238.98...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Bret - Help!!! Detailing disaster..., bb vign, Mon, 21 Jun 2004 04:46:07
- Re: Bret - Help!!! Detailing disaster..., chrisx, Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:33:14
- I wish I could see it, Bret, Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:37:21
- Pics, bb vign, Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:51:00
- Re: Bret - Help!!! Detailing disaster..., Misplacedyankee, Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:03:39
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!