Third degree means damage to tissues deep to the deep fascia - muscle and nerve. That's why they're painless but so disastrous. Overlying skin comes off. Second degree causes blistering, and first degree is limited to the skin itself. With branding, I'd argue it's first degree, but that the hide is so thick, that what you see is permanent charring of the hide.
posted by 66.170.4...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Completely O.T.!!! I need help settling a dispute, Finch, Thu, 6 Jan 2005 00:26:36
- Third degree burn??? I don't think so, Erik, Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:53:37
- Probably not as much, Rick D, Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:00:36
- Re: Completely O.T.!!! I need help settling a dispute, RichardM, Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:09:06
- Re: Completely O.T.!!! I need help settling a dispute, TML, Thu, 6 Jan 2005 07:41:27
- Funny you ask!, dparadis, Thu, 6 Jan 2005 07:22:43
- You could run a branding test on your friend, RS , Thu, 6 Jan 2005 04:43:03
- of course it does! its skin is being burnt! nm, sab, Thu, 6 Jan 2005 00:56:35
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!